| 9 months @ Halawa Valley Beach |
Now that we are back, it is actually the end of January, the Labrador Grandparents (Mama and Papa) have been graciously caring for Sakai while Clint and I work all-day. However the time has come and we have been forced to recon with the idea of "the babysitter." Ever since Sakai was born, I have been asked, "who will watch him" and all the while I never felt compelled to answer this fully or even think about it. We have been blessed for the last nine and a half months to have maternity leave, paternity leave, and lots of 'live-in' grandparents nannies. Time is up though. Time to think about this. Time to find someone. Oh the thought of some stranger spending so much time with my son just made me cringe, almost want to cry. Cry for him and his anxiety of being with someone new, but also cry for me- jealous tears, I want to be that person spending all that time with my little love bug.
So we had three options for sitters, all great people. First one, not taking anymore kids. Second one, too expensive. Third one is a charm? Hope so! Clints parents took Sakai to the new sitter last week to get his feet a little wet and allow the other kids a chance to meet him. Apparently, Sakai now has 3 three year old girl waiting to dote on him and a 2 year old that he owes an apology to for smothering with kisses and knocking down. After this report back from my mother-in-law, needless to say, I was thrilled. Sakai had a great time and the other children adored him. She is also willing to let me come by at lunch to nurse, do my cloth diapers (not wash, just use), and keep TV time to a minimum (zero). Hmmm, sounds good to me. I will keep you posted on the results. Start date is February 11th!
Great post Lo! I totally know the feeling of being so jealous of other people that get to spend all day with my baby. I just have to keep reminding myself, when this kid turns 5 he'll get to spend all day at my school and then I can see him whenever I want! Sakai will love spending time with other kids at the sitter. I know that's McKay's favorite part.
ReplyDelete